+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: From Cleric, then to Paladin or Priest! (Updated 12/18/11)

Senior Member Achievements:
    Three Friends Your first Group 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Priest
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 0%

From Cleric, then to Paladin or Priest! (Updated 12/18/11)

Cleric, the light attribute class! Depending on your direction; there are variety of build you can go. Though starting as a cleric, until level 15... you are given the role as DPS/Tank/Support. But overall these skills are all getting prepared for your specific roll in your next class at level 15... Paladin or Priest. I think there is some idea that Clerics pick between lightning or light attribute? I dont know about thats or if its just me. I kind of think that Light and Lightning are the same thing in Dragon Nest. I dunno, i could of totally misunderstood what some people were saying. But anyways.... being a cleric one of your skill for being in a tank role is having Block...

Block - Cooldown; 45second - Available Max Level; 11
    Description; Blocks an amount of attacks depending on level of the skill.
    In addition, having a tank role. Clerics, from my experience, keep a lot of aggro. This would be the only skill that would make them capable of a tank role as a cleric from level 5-15. Greatly increasing their survivability. I recommend having this skill as a priest too, for it is a REALLY GOOD skill!

In addition, they are also capable of being a support. Getting the skill Heal at lv10, being the only support skill they get as a cleric. It really is pretty much a good as a emergency heal.

Aura of Healing - Cooldown; 60seconds - Available Max Level; 10
    Description; Heal AOE for a certain amount depending on level of skill. Some sources say over 8 seconds? But from my NA CBT experience it just does one burst of a percent of MAX HP with an additional amount.
    Since there being a skill reset at lv15 after making your job advance, there is really no "Awesome cleric build". By level 15, before your job advance, your cleric tree should look like this...

~~Going Priest~~
    Priest is considered mainly as the support class. But they do have the potential to be one of the best DPS classes capable of soloing instances!For weapons.. Priests only use Wands and Shields. Wands are a really different way of fighting compared to maces and flails. Instead of using physical hits, you actually cast some magic in combination with regular attacking. (dont worry, regular attacks wont cost mana). The final regular attack on a wand is basically you pointing your wand forward and summoning 3 lightning bolts in consecutive order. Good thing about that final regular attack is that you can freely aim where each 1 lands by moving your mouse around. Just a tip there.

The skills marked in Red are prerequisite skills needed for priest skills. These skills need to be that level to get other skills as a priest

Red - being the DPS side, Blue - being the supportive side.

~~Being Supportive
    Being supportive your going to be wanting to focus on your support side of your tree, as well as "Heal" you get as a Cleric. Ill let you know that when I say focus, I also would like to point out that you would definitely get some of your DPS side of the tree. You wouldnt -only get- the support skills. But anyways... for the support skills you get is..

Protective shell - Increases Physical and Magic Defense, Increases teammates abilities, Decreases damage done.

Blessing of Strikes - Increases teammates abilities, Increase damage done by your teammates.

Heal Relic - Summon a "totem" or a "turret" kind of thing to heal your team. Lasts 9 seconds and heals every 2 seconds to near by teammates.

Cure Relic - Recovers allies from status effects.
    I might add that, your Relics also do damage upon summoning. Its like a pillar falling from the sky kinda thing i guess..

These skills are pretty much essential to have as a support role. Though, as a DPS priest too you'd obviously get them to. Just not to the level a Supportive priest would. For your Final Skill, being a supportive priest you would mostly want to get Relic of Miracle rather then Heaven's Judgement(in my opinion). This doesnt do as much damage as Heavens judgement, but its really just as good. It gives a really really nice buffs to your team mates and yourself as well. The fact it doesnt do as much damage as Heavens Judgement, the buffs make up for that.

Grand Sigil(MiracleRelic) - Magic attack upon summoning is 1566%, Reduces physical and magical damage by 70%. The buff duration is 10 seconds, the magic duration is 13 seconds. Its considered light attribute.
    Overall, how you Decided what to do your Supportive priest build is up to you! Though, this maybe give you a helpful idea what a supportive Priest build maybe at lv40.

(click image to enlarge)

~~ Putting out some damage!

Being the potentially awesome DPS class priests are. They are capable of soloing instances/dungeons REALLY well. Dealing high amounts of dps threw Lightning Volt, Grand Cross, Electric Detonation, and Holy Burst. These skills, as well as some cleric attacks, will assist you in your venture to be a good DPS priest! Like I said above is you dont -only- get the DPS side of the tree. You will be getting the support skills as well. On top of that, you can preform a pretty good support role in a party even if your tree has more DPS leveled skills then Supportive. For your DPS skills though... you will have..

Lightning Bolt - Forward lighting bolt attacking targets multiple times. Chance of electrocution.

Mind Snapper - Passive - After sliding step forward, you launch an eletrical orb doing damage to nearby enemies.

Chain Lightning - Shoots lighting infront of you chaining to nearby enemies. Reduces light magic resistance.

Detonate - You detonate electrocuted targets causing damage.

Grand Cross - Summon a cross that will move forward in the aimed direction dealing damage. It can be used on fallen enemies.

Holy Burst - Light rises around you dealing damage to surrounding enemies.

Lightning Relic - Basically a lightning turret that deals damage to nearby enemies. Does damage upon falling.
    These skills will guide you when doing damage. Its recommended not getting lightning volt above level 1 because the damage increase isnt really big in the beginning, but after level 6-7 the damage drastically increases.. As well as going Inquisitor in the future, its something you'd get to level 11 at least. It does tons of damage because of the enhancing skill you get as Inquisitor. About Relic of lightning, it is a prerequisite skill for support, but its an attack skill. While you have the lightning relic out, you can use other skills. While reading on Electric Detonation; It actually seems like a really useful skills. Sense most of your lightning skills electrify your enemies. For the people who dont know what electrocution does..

Electrocution - its a buff that interrupts your enemies attack. I believe it lasts 10 seconds.
    ... its really nice thing that the cleric class gets. Anyways, Electric detonation explodes the electrocution debuff dealing damage. It looks pritty cool too. Your going to need that at level 5 to get Heavens Judgement. I recommend getting Heavens Judgement as a DPS oriented priest. Its a pretty big AOE skills and deals REALLY good damage. Really flashy skill too!

Heaven's Judgement - Deals massive amount of damage to surrounding enemies. Reducing Light magic resistance by 33%. Magic Attack 1725%
    Skill build that maybe helpful to DPS oriented Priests.

(click image to enlarge)

~~ Your other skills...
    Your other skills help you be a better priest in your role. Other skills that i didnt mention is Wand Mastery, Relic of Hold, Blessing of Light, Holy Wave, and First Aid.

Wand Mastery - Increases your Magical Attack by a % consistent to your skill level. Passive skill

Bind Relic - Disable enemy movements for a duration consistent to your skill level. Cooldown 60seconds. Time the relic is out is also consistent to the skill level.

Blessing of Light - Increase you and your teammates resistance to light, and adds a percentage of light attribute attack.

Holy Wave - Works kind like a counter, after being attacked, you do aoe damage around you to nearby enemies.

Vengeance Blast - Grants chance to do damage and restore some HP when attacked. M.Att Pwr 35%+68 at lv1
    (about first aid; i got this skill and its proc rate is really decent. Id say its around 10 percent. I seen it proc more in pvp. It works kind like this. When proc, your buffed with First aid for a duration probably below 10 seconds. With in that time each hit heals you and does damage to attacker. Its not incredible strong but its a fairly decent skill at lv1. I was fighting an acrobat doing Somersault dance on me. The skill procced while i was in the air and it healed me each hit that somersault dance hit me during the combo. Though, i was so focused on the heals i didnt get a chance to look at the buff duration or the damage it did :< It heals me for about 116 each hit. and that was within a 1-3 second time frame.)
    With wand mastery, i think that both supportive and dps should get this, sense being the caster cleric, your damage and heals rely on your magic attack. With Relic of Hold, its either going to be level 1 or 3. Its going to be 3 if your support, or 1 if your DPS. Blessing of Light seems like a pretty good skill sense it gives you light attack. And all your skills practically reduces light resistance, though im unsure what level it should be. Ive seen people say get that to level 3 for a Supportive role. Maybe level 1 for DPS? Holy wave obviously is used as a counter if your mobbed. So, i would suggest getting that level 1. With First Aid, level 1 is enough because you can never have enough self heal spells.

~~Paladin!~~

Paladin, they are the Melee/Tank role. For your weapon, you can use a flail and shield or a mace and shield. The difference between the 2 is.. a mace has a faster attack speed but the magic damage on it is lower. Flail is a bit more balanced with magic and physical attack but it is not as fast as the mace. Anyways, as a cleric, your going to want to get all your physical damage doing skills. Which means your going to want to get all the skills marked in RED.

As being a melee your obviously going to be using these skills. Its up to your build to what level. For your paladin you can basically separate it into 3 areas. Magic Dps, Physical Dps, and Defensive Skills. Yes, you get magic too!

Purple - Magical DPS, Red - Physical DPS, Blue - Defensive

I dont really know much about Paladin but there is pretty much a pattern with both 2nd jobs of the cleric class. If your going to be more of a defensive oriented Paladin. Your going to focus more skill points on one side of the tree.

~~Let me Defend you
    Looking at the defensive side of paladin, these skills are..

Provoke - This skill increases threat of enemies in a fan shape in front of you. Reduces stun and crit rate against the enemy by a percent, lasts 10 seconds, cool down is 15 seconds. (Just an additional note; I actually looked up some info on this skill and it turns out its pretty much crap. If you want it, get it up to level one. And try it out. But from what i hear is that you'll have a hard time keeping aggro, like if you have an elemental lord spamming all their attacks. So this skill maybe a bit pointless. As well, it does not damage.)

Auto Block - Passive skill that allows a chance at blocking attacks. Chance increase with skill level.

Stance of Faith - Put yourself into a defensive stance, blocking enemies attacks, and releasing divine power damaging nearby enemies. Duration increases with skill level.

Aerial Blocking - Defend against Aerial attacks by chance.

Divine Punishment - Reflects enemy attacks for 20 seconds, reflected damage increases with level.

Will of Iron - Reduces damage taken by a large percentage for a duration.

Divine Ascension - After a successful Defense, launch a common attack instantly. Gathers extra threat.

Divine Vengeance - While defending successfully, Revolve while charging rapidly wielding a weapon to bash the enemy.

Elemental Aura - Increases Fire and water attack and resistance. Costs 0.15% MP per second. Canceled preforming other vigor or skills.

Conviction Aura - Increases Light attack and resistance, and cost 0.15% MP per second. Canceled preforming other vigor or skills.

Armor Break - After a sliding step forward, hit the enemy doing damage and reducing defense by a percent. Causes extra threat, and is physical damage. (Additional Note on this one too; This is a pretty good skill, has a 6-8 second cooldown, hits pretty hard, and reduces defense so you do more damage. Its pretty much recommended get this to a pretty nice level!)
    These skills pretty much help you become a better tank! Im sure that if you go paladin, you might be tanking anyways.. sense you have the skills for it? Now looking at the defensive Final Skill called The God Within it looks like something a tank role should have. I dont know if it does damage when casted. It says 200% magic damage, but it gives buffs!

The God Within - Increases Strength and Intellect by 300% as well as Vitality by 100% and movement speed by 50%. Magic Damage 200%. Cool Down 125 seconds. Duration 20 seconds
    Maybe a helpful skill build would be like....

(click image to see whole thing)

~~For the Power of Light!!
    As for the DPS major, you would probably be focusing most of your points into your DPS side of your tree. Dealing Hard hits. Magical and physical attacks close range at the same time! Id have to say that Goddess Relic is the skill paladins have that got my attention. Large, flashy, and you get it as soon as you turn paladin at level 15! For combat, its pretty much almost the same as being a cleric with an additional skills from paladin. Smacking stuff with a mace or flail, using your skills and such. And here are your skills...

Goddess Relic - It says fire a huge cross, but your really summoning a huge cross to land on your enemies. Really sexy attack. (A note that, Ive personally seen paladins use this skill alot. If you want to do good damage with it. Get it higher. At 3rd job, one of the jobs has a buff for it. I think its crusader.)

Sacred Hammering - Summon a light hammer to deal massive damage. Chance to cause your enemies to faint.

Lightning Charger - Gather lightning and transform your frontal enemy into the charging status. Enemy will discharge as well as give off pulsating lightning in all directions within the duration.

Smite - Jump and bang your weapon into the ground with lightning, dealing both magical and physical damage.

Sin breaker - Using Sliding step, attacking the enemy launching them into the air. Can be used on laying enemies. Does physical Damage.

Armor Break - After a sliding step forward, hit the enemy doing damage and reducing defense by a percent. Causes extra threat, and is physical damage.(Additional Note on this one too; This is a pretty good skill, has a 6-8 second cooldown, hits pretty hard, and reduces defense so you do more damage. Its pretty much recommended get this to a nice level!)

Shield Charge - Holding your shield in front, and run forward. Reducing magical and physical defense. Does physical damage. Can be used on laying enemies.
    To me shield charge will be very useful in PVP. Can close distance between the enemy. On top of that you can use it on laying enemies. With Smite, its kind of like a Divine combo and charge bolt put together. Im sure that you could use this well in pvp to close distance as well as deal good amount of damage. As for the Final Skill, Thor's Hammer. Its a pretty attractive skill as well. Ive seen people hammer the ground with it 3 consecutive times as well as do it only once? Im not sure whats up with that... maybe thats a special crest for the skill...

Thors Hammer - Deals massive magical and physical damage in one hammer attack to frontal enemies. 834% of each physical and Magical. Thats 834+834% in one of each magical and physical!!
    Here is a skill guide that maybe helpful for a more dps oriented paladin...

(click image to see whole thing)

~~~Your Only Healing spells~~~
    I need to mention this for paladins - is that. As a Paladin, you only get 2 heal spells. One is Heal. Which you get at level 10. The other skill is Redemption Aura. You get redemption aura at lv 35 and its max level is 1. You should get these skills! Redemption Aura is a really nice skill, though i have read that it does something different. I dont remember. I read somewhere that it restores 10% of your HP every couple seconds for 60seconds? Which sounds kinda OP. Then i read it "Increases the amount of HP restored by skills or items by 10% for all party members. This skill lasts 60 seconds " which i think makes a little more sense. But... i think its worth getting.

~~After you Changed Jobs~~
    I would be sure that I first got all my prerequisite skills down. You dont want to miss them, use your Skill points, and not be able to use a skill you could be using. I really think that its an advantage having more skills with PVE. Monsters get attack delay really easy.

For both classes you will need Sliding Step. Counter Blow, and Aerial Evasion. As well, you may need all the kick attacks except Priests are kind of excluded; they dont need Sliding Knee Kick or Axe Kick. Priests wont be using those at all because they are kind of more ranged.

Counter blow - This skill will help you get off the ground faster, as well as knocks away surrounding enemies.

Aerial Evasion - will help you get out of air launched attacks. Usually all classes will have Air skills. For example clerics have Dive Kick(you need to be in the air when using it), I recommend both priest and paladin getting this. Because you can use this directly after aerial evasion.

I think that both Paladin and Priests dont need Lightning Upper skill. Lightning Upper... you cant really de-level it under level 1 but you dont need Lightning Upper past 1. To be honest youll have tons of skills, and this skill is pretty slow. And as well its fricken ugly. With the block skill, I recommend both paladin and priest getting that skill around lv 5-7. Its practically a 100% chance of blocking. Im sure priests wont use shield blow, but you need it for Block. If they do use it... it would be useful for delaying enemy attacks if an enemy is close range. Maybe adding it to the combo for close ranged enemies. Paralyzing Bolt, also known as Holy Bolt. Both classes are going to be getting this, its pretty useful for delaying enemies and making them stand still.. Priests need it at lv 5 i believe, and paladins need it at lv 3. Its a ranged skill so Im also sure it maybe useful for paladins in pvp.

As well, I was told that Charge Volt is a really good skill and is suggested to level it. Being a paladin. I think it would be useful for paladins to get it. Sense its a close range Magical AOE. Its really strong too. To what level depends on your preference. Paladins need it at lv1, and priests need it.. i think at lv 5 for 2nd job skills. But its a very useful and is a strong skill.

~~ Additional Information ~~
    The skill build pictures - they are there to be helpful. They arnt "perfect" they are in "my eyes" how i would see the class going into a role. A class tree is strictly opinion. Your own experience and opinion may differ from mine. If you plan to copy and paste this to another website. Please source it.

(Thats pretty much it, if you think something needs to be added or taken out. Let me know. This guide maybe subjected to change.)

Added minor details to First Aid priest skill and changed Priest skill names to NA version names. - 12/18/11
    Last edited by Arec; 07-31-2012 at 03:25 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arec For This Useful Post:

Yoshi (06-29-2011)

Three Friends Created Album pictures 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Mystic
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 510
    .. arec im going to punch you in the face
    guides all go on the main page >>
    But nice ill tell ziss to post this up
    Next time you're done just tell me/ziss instead of posting it lol

Marge - Mystic

Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Priest
    hahaha, Alright alright. Once ziss sees it. He has permission to edit, add to it, and post it up. I think it needs to be seperated into 3-4 parts.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Mystic
    Lol if you read exiles warrior guide no need
    His is uber long too

Marge - Mystic

Three Friends 3 months registered Created Album pictures 1000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Swordsman
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    hahaha sorry. the mercenary one will be shorter i hope. i was almost done but then my computer froze for some reason and i lost it all. so i gotta redo it. after that point i was annoyed and just went to bed :/

Sig made by me
    Proud Dragon Nest Closed Beta Tester
    LastExile ~ lvl 24 Swordsman
    LostSoul ~ lvl 11 Cleric

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Mystic
    Awww exile
    Im not complaining it was long, was just saying its ok to be long lol

Marge - Mystic

Three Friends 3 months registered Created Album pictures 1000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Swordsman
    oh hahaha kay. oh and hopefully when ziss puts up this cleric guide, he names it Cleric (Priest and Paladin) Builds Guide.

Sig made by me
    LostSoul ~ lvl 11 Cleric

Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Priest
    Hopefully not to soon cause im still adding and changing small things.

Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Swordsman
    if he puts it up you can still pm him to change certain things when he has time. so change all you can before its put up

Sig made by me
    LostSoul ~ lvl 11 Cleric

Server
    Velskud
    Class
    Priest